Vietnamese Social Work
The service provides social work and counselling support to individuals and families of Vietnamese heritage.
The service is aware of cultural diversity and aims to support, encourage and empower clients to:
- make sense and take control of their life;
- participate in decision making and choices that affect their life; and
- improve and manage their health and wellbeing
Social work and counselling support is offered for a wide variety of issues including:
- marital and relationship issues
- family difficulties and conflict
- depression and anxiety
- parenting strategies
- low self esteem - improve motivation and confidence
- communication and assertiveness skills
- health problems and illness
- grief, loss and bereavement
Click on the links below for further information including where the program is based and the hours of the programs.
- Who is eligible for this service?
- Who can refer to this service and how?
- How much does this service cost?
- Where is this service located and what hours are you open?
- Can I have an interpreter?
Who is eligible for this service?
Vietnamese clients (or Vietnamese heritage) living in the City of Hume.
Who can refer to this service?
Self referral or from a health professional.
To make a referral to this service, please contact our counselling intake service on 1300 234 263 (select option 5 for central inake) to register your enquiry.
How much does this service cost?
This service is provided free of charge.
Where is this service located and what hours are you open?
This program provides home visit, outreach, groups and case work.
The service is provided Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
The service is managed from Dianella Community Health, 21-27 Hudson Circuit, Broadmeadows
Can I have an interpreter?
An interpreter can be arranged.