Community Eczema Program (CEP)
In collaboration with the Royal Children's Hospital, Dianella provide a nurse-led eczema clinic providing comprehensive assessment, education and care coordination for children and young people with complex eczema and their families.
Medical support is provided by the staff of our General Practice with additional support from the Dermatology Department at the Royal Children's Hospital. Patients and families are linked into additional community health services as necessary which may include a dietitian, social worker, pscyhologist,etc.
Where necessary, additional education and support will be provdied to agencies with whcih the patient is involved such as kindergartens, child care centres and schools.
The aim of the program is to provide knowledge, skills and support to:
- improve the ability of families to manage their child/young person's eczema
- improve the quality of life of children, young people with eczema and their families
- reduce the length of time children and young people are waiting for existing Eczema support
- streamline the appointment process for eligible patients presenting to the Royal Children's Hospital Emergency Department
- reduce the number of exczema related inpatient admissions at the Royal Children's Hospital
To be eligible for this program, the child/young person must reside within postcodes 3000-3099. An assessment is undertaken by the Royal Children's Hospital to also determine eligiblity based on complexity.
Each child/young person is assessed on an individual basis and when deemed eliglbe, their parents/carers are contacted and details about the program and an appointment day/time is provided.
If ineligible, the patient will be referred to the Royal Children's Hospital Dermatology Department.
The clinic operates by appointment only at the Dianella GP Super Clinic, 42-48 Coleraine St, Broadmeadows each Thursday between 10:00am and 3:00pm. Referrals must be sent to the Royal Children's Hospital to coordinate an eligiblity assessment.