Occupational Therapy - Paediatric
The Paediatric Occupational Therapist is designed for children up to 12 years of age who are experiencing mild to moderate difficulty with their sensory processing, elf care and/or motor development yet have normal development in all other areas.
We are committed to providing a quality service working in the context of the child's family and community.
Click on the links below for further information:
- How we help with your child's needs
- What types of assessments and therapies are available?
- Is my child eligible for this service?
- Do I need a referral for this service?
- Who do I contact to make an enquiry?
- What does this service cost?
- Where is the service located?
- What hours are you open?
- Can an interpreter be arranged?
How we help with your child's needs
Our Paediatric Occupational Therapist helps children by supporting them to achieve greater independence, develop skills and participate in age appropriate activities. They are trained to work with children who are having difficulties in either of the following areas:
- Fine Motor and Hand Skills - dexterity, grasping, holding a pencil
- Visual - Motor and Handwriting - copying shapes and letters
- Self-care Skills - getting dressed, using cutlery, fasteners
- Sensor/Motor Integration Skills - sensitivities to textures, poor balance, clumsiness, fear of movement (eg. swings)
- Visual-Perceptual Skills - discriminating shapes, letters, numbers, matching skills
- Coordination and Gross Motor Skills - hopping, skipping, catching a ball, posture
Assessments and therapies
Our Therapist provides:
- Paediatric Occupational Therapy assessments
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
Is my child eligible?
This service is designed for children up to 12 years of age who are experiencing mild to moderate difficulty with their sensory processing, self-care and/or motor development yet have normal development in all other areas.
Do I need a referral for this service?
Referrals can be made by phone or in writing by parents/caregivers, Maternal and Child Health nurses, preschool teachers, childcare workers, medical practitioners and allied health professionals.
All referrals must have parental consent. Due to the high demand for this service, a waitlist applies.
Who do I contact for further enquiries?
Referrals and enquiries can be directed to our Service Access team Phone 1300 234 263
Where is the service located?
This service is primarily a clinic based service by appointment only at our Craigieburn site.
Dianella Community Health, 55 Craigieburn Rd, Craigieburn
Is there a cost?
Please refer to our fee brochure.
What are your hours?
Appointments are available Thursday - Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm. Due to the high demand for this service, a waitlist applies.
Can an interpreter be arranged?
An interpreter can be arranged.