Autism Assessment Clinic
Dianella Health are one of only a few clinics providing a multidisciplinary assessment for children 3 to 7 years old in Melbourne.
Our unique service is based on national standards and utilises diagnostic tests. Medicare will also cover part of the cost of our comprehensive assessment.
Our Clinic offers many benefits to families and individuals seeking a professional assessment of ASD such as;
• short wait lists
• a simple referral process
• a team of specialists will assess your child
• fast reporting
• standardised assessment procedures
• respectful of your needs, culture and circumstances
• at an affordable and competitive cost
• Medicare rebates
Click on the links below for further information:
- How we help with your needs
- What does the assessments involve?
- Who can access this service?
- Do I need a referral for this service?
- Who do I contact to make an enquiry or referral?
- What does this service cost?
- Where is the service located?
- Can an interpreter be arranged?
- Request a call back
How we help with your child's needs
Staff work in partnership with families. Our aim is to provide your family piece of mind with our short waitlists and fast reporting. If a child is diagnosed with Autism, we can refer you to the right services and provide you with pathways to help your child. If your child is not diagnosed with Autism, we can refer you to other appropriate services.
Staff will conduct a child friendly multi- disciplinary assessment.
The full assessment will be conducted over three weeks, combining convenience to the customer.
Once the assessment is completed, you can expect a fast tracked report with results from the assessment.
Who can access this service?
- are aged between three to seven and
- display signs of Autism e.g. Communication Issues (verbal and non-verbal), Behavioral Issues, Sensory Sensitives, and Developmental Delays.
Do I need a referral for this service?
Referrals can be made by anyone concerned about a child's development (eg. parents, caregivers, childcare and pre-school staff, maternal and child health nurses, other health professionals).
All referrals require parental consent.
Who do I contact to make an enquiry or referral?
Referrals can be directed to the clinic. Call 1300 234 263 (select option 6) and ask to forwarded to the Autism Assessment Clinic
Enquiries can be directed Ritta Assad, Team Leader and Speech Pathologist - on (03) 8339 8202.
Where is this service located?
The clinic operates from our Broadmeadows GP Super Clinic located at:
42 -48 Coleraine Street, Broadmeadows
What does this service cost?
The cost of the assessment is $800.00 depending if Medicare rebates are avaliable to the individual.
Children under 13 years receive a Medical Rebate of upto $300.
Contact us to speak about funding pathways.
Payment plans are avaliable.
Can an interpreter be arranged?
An interpreter can be arranged upon request.
Request a call back?
If you would like us to give you a call, please fill out the online form.