Physiotherapy aims to increase the physical wellbeing of a person through exercise, advice and specific treatment of joints or muscles.
Physiotherapy services are available to all members of the communtiy with a strong emphasis on helping people to become fit for life through exercise and by promoting self management.
The following conditions are treated by Physiotherapists:
- muscle/ligament sprains and strains
- balance problems
- antenatal/postnatal muscle and joint problems
- neck and back pain
- joint problems
- chronic/long term physical conditions
This service is supported by funding from the Australian and Victorian Governments under the Home and Community Care (HACC) program.
Click on the links below for further information:
- What does this service provide?
- Am I eligible for this service?
- Do I need a referral for this service?
- What does this service cost?
- Where is this service located and what are your hours?
- Who do I contact to make an enquiry or to send a referral?
- Can an interpreter be arranged?
What does this service provide?
Our service provides:
- individual treatment
- carer training
- self management strategies
- group exercise programs (water based exercise, chair based exercise and general strength and fitness groups - refer to our groups page for further information)
Am I eligible for this service?
Anyone living in Hume who is not covered by Workcover, Veterans Affairs or the Traffic Accident Commission is eligible to access our service.
If your treatment is covered by Workcover, Veterans Affairs or Traffic Accident Commission (TAC), you are not eligible for our service as you are eligible to receive treatment by private practitioners.
Do I need a referral for this service?
Whilst a written referral is not necessary, we do ask that you discuss your conditions with your general practitioner or other health professional. Any additional information you can provide in your referral will assist with your treatment.
This is a high demand service, a waitlist applies.
What does this service cost?
Please refer to our fee brochure.
Where is the service located and what are your hours?
The service is by appointment only at our Craigieburn, Broadmeadows or Meadow Heights campuses on the following days:
Dianella Community Health, GP Super Clinic, 42-48 Coleraine St, Broadmeadws Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Dianella Community Health, 21-27 Hudson Circuit, Meadow Heights Thursday and Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Dianella Community Health, 55 Craigieburn Road, Craigieburn Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Who do I contact to make an enquiry or to send a referral?
To discuss or to send a referral to this service, or for a list of private physiotherapists in the area, please contact
Service Access team Phone 1300 234 263 Fax (03) 8339 9898.
Can an interpreter be arranged?
An interpreter can be arranged upon request.