How can an Exercise Physiologist help?
Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP’s) are university trained Allied Health Professionals. AEP’s specialise in the prevention, treatment and ongoing management of chronic disease, complex conditions and injuries.
Our Exercise Physiologists are able to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective clinical exercise interventions for a range of cardiopulmonary, neurological, metabolic and musculoskeletal pathologies/ conditions.
These include but are not limited to:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Neurological Conditions such as Parkinson’s and Cerebral Palsy
- COPD and Asthma
- Chronic Pain
- Rehabilitation for total knee and hip replacements
- Wide range of musculoskeletal injuries including lower back pain and ACL rehabilitation
- Mental illness including depression and anxiety
Who can use this service?
What will it cost?
Yes, there will be a small fee charged; $9.80 (with Healthcare card) and $15.00 (no Healthcare card)
What if I can't pay?
Fees are subsidised by the State & Commonwealth governments. In extreme cases of hardship, you can apply to have your fees reduced. Ask your clinician for an application form.
The information you provide is confidential and only used to determine what fees you can afford to pay.
What happens if I use lots of your services?
With the exception of Planned Activity Groups, you are only required to pay for the first 12 services in a calendar year. After that, there is no charge.
Our reception staff can confirm if you are eligible.
Do I need a referral?
Under 64 years
No, you do not need a referral to access this service.
65 years and over
- Yes. You will need a referral from My Aged Care who will carry out an assessment.
- Any doctor or health professional can also refer you to this service until 30 June 2017. Make an appoitnment to see a Dianella GP.
Where are the sessions located?
We run our clinics from two locations for your convenience
GP Super Clinic
42-48 Coleraine St
Broadmeadows Vic 3047
55 Craigieburn Rd,
Craigieburn Vic 3064
Click here for our full list of locations
How do I make a booking?
64 and under
Call us on 1300 234 263, select option 2 and request to make an appointment to see an Exercise Physiologist
65 and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people)
Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Tell them you would like Dianella Health as your preferred provider.