BIG Steps | Early Childhood Intervention Service
The program formaly know as Broad Insite Group, was established in the 1970's by a group of parents seeking special services for their young children. Broad Insight is now a program of Dianella Health, currently run as BIG Steps | Early Childhood Intervetion Service.
Our Early Childhood Intervention program provides a range of specialist education, therapy and support services in a co-ordinated way to any family who has a child with a developmental delay or disability.
Click on the links below for further information:
- How we help with your needs
- What types of assessments and therapies are available?
- Who can access this service?
- Do I need a referral for this service?
- Who do I contact to make an enquiry?
- What does this service cost?
- Where is the service located?
- What hours are you open?
- Can an interpreter be arranged?
How we help with your child's needs
Staff work in partnership with families to promote a child's development within the usual routines of each day. Services can occur at home, at our centre or in community settings such as childcare or preschool.
By planning together to use every opportunity we can all work towards achieving the best outcomes for the child.
Assessments and therapies
- individually planned specialist education and therapy programs tailored to the specific needs of each child and family
- co-ordination of all services that each child and family requires
- assessment of the needs of the child and family
- information about child development and available services and resources
- consultation in community settings
- family support and counselling
- opportuntiies to meet and gain support from other parents
- parent library
- community education and support
- referral to other services as required
- ancillary programs including 'Helping Children with Autism' and 'Better Start'
Who can access this service?
Our services are available to children who:
- are under six years of age; AND
- have a diagnosed disability or delay which immpacts substantially on their development (eg communication, physical, social, intellectual or self-care); AND
- live in the City of Hume or the northern suburbs of Moreland
Do I need a referral for this service?
Referrals can be made by anyone concerned about a child's development (eg. parents, caregivers, childcare and pre-school staff, maternal and child health nurses, other health professionals).
All referrals require parental consent.
Due to the high demand for this service, a waitlist applies.
Who do I contact for further enquiries?
Referrals and enquiries can be directed to the Northern Early Childhood Intervention Services - Central Intake team on 8393 4512.
Where is the service located?
The programs operate from our Broadmeadows and Roxburgh campuses:
BIG Steps | Early Childhood Intervention Service, 1 Sorrento St, Broadmeadows
BIG Steps | Early Childhood Intervention Service, Bluebird Way, Roxburgh Park
Is there a cost?
Please consult with the Northern Early Childhood Intervention Services - Central Intake team on 8393 4512 for an overview of the packages available.
What are your hours?
Programs and appointments run Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm (excluding public holidays and school holidays). Due to the high demand for this service, a waitlist applies.
Can an interpreter be arranged?
An interpreter can be arranged upon request.